Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Grand Canyon-Can we just look at it from the window?

Since we recently saw the 2nd major Arizona tourist attraction I thought I would take the children the main tourist spot, the reason Arizona is the Grand Canyon State, and see one of the 7 wonders of the WORLD.  On the drive up I heard, "Mom, we've already seen the Grand Canyon".  Yes it's true, they have...from the airplane.  "Guys, it is so much more amazing from the ground, besides it's on the way to St. George anyways."

Six plus hours later we are pulling into the first lookout spot.  Ok, this is kinda cool mom.  (Of coarse I am playing it up with "breathe that fresh air and look at that little snake-like thing down there, that's the Colorado river."  We climb the Watchtower and enjoy about 5-minutes more of looking and then we are off to the main visitor center.

About 1/2 hour down the road I hear the riots starting. The democratic system overthrows the MOMarchy.  Ok, ok.  How about we pull over at one more lookout and  we are on our way. The vote is in.  The decision made.  We pull over and as I am driving up the little turnout Shea says, "Can we just look at it through the window?"  Are you kidding me?  Get your butts out of the car..at least one of us need some fresh air.

©ColleenFisher

No comments:

Post a Comment