Friday, August 6, 2010

Wanna Smoke?

Tonight we needed some fresh air and headed to our favorite park. We were in a lovely game of tag when Logan came down the huge slide and said, "There's a little kids smoking up there."  He tried to talk to me and I just said I spoke English and went down the slide.  I thought it must be some teenager trying to escape his Mamma's stronghold.  (There was some sort of Mother/child gathering going on.)

A few minutes passed and Hayden came and told me the same thing and added that the boy could speak English.  Time to investigate.  Sure enough there was a kid, smaller than Hayden, smoking a cigarette. He was a pro.   He wasn't the only one either.  There was a group of mini "adults" all lit up, walking around with one hand in their pocket and the other one holding there fix.  There mothers were right there.  It must be a cultural thing.

©ColleenFisher

1 comment: