Thursday, September 9, 2010

On the First Day of School...

The first day/week of school as told from the mouth of my babes....

Logan’s 1st Day of School
On the 1st day of schooI I played hooky…just kidding. When I arrived in class, I had to talk about myself in front of the class, in French. I think I did pretty good. I was glad that 2 people in my class spoke English. One boy named Antonio and the other Vlad. I sit by Antonio. He helps me figure out where things are supposed to go and what to do. In my class there are about 20 kids. That is the whole 6th grade. They are all surprised at how tall I am. They are shrimps. Even the “biggest kid” is a whole head smaller than I am. I was glad the 1st day was only a ½ day.

Logan’s 1st week
I wanted to play hooky again the next day, but my parents drug me to school. There lunch recess is 1 ½ hours long. I love it. I made two goals playing soccer. During one assignment, I gave my teacher my paper and she showed it to the whole class. Everyone in class stared at me and I made a funny face. They all laughed. All the boys seem to like me and try to talk with me. I try to talk French back. So far Ecole est tres bien! (School is very good)

Shea’s 1st Day of School
The first day of school was fun. My Mom and Dad kissed me goodbye and my teacher was an old girl. She had glasses and wrinkles and Hayden’s color of hair. There was this girl in class who came and helped me. She was about 30 and had brown hair and brown eyes and was wearing tights with a shirt. I sat by a girl named Magaree. The next day Magaree went to a different spot and Luca came to sit by me. He kind of helps me. He mostly says no Shea, but sometimes puts his thumbs up. He doesn’t speak English. Recess is really fun.

Shea’s 1st Week of School
I met a girl who speaks English. Her name is Alexi. She is my age, but in the 5th year. She is Antonio and Raphe’s sister. On the 2nd day of school we had gym. The boys and girls started taking off their pants and shirts in class to get changed for gym. I feel uncomfortable getting changed like that. I didn’t like it at all. On the 2nd day of school I also broke my arm and am now wearing a cast. I broke it on the rope slide/swing. There was one rope hung up and I tried to grab it and then BANG! I fell down right onto my arm. The 3rd day of school I spent at the doctor and hospital with my Mom.

Hayden’s 1st Day of School
The first day of school was good, but I didn’t have a morning snack. I liked first recess. Class is not that bad with an English person inside. I sit next to Raphe. He is my friend. The school doesn’t have real parts of a playground (slide, swings, monkey bars). There is a little part of a playground. It is a rope swing/slide. I play soccer sometimes. My class is thumbs up, that means good.

Hayden’s 1st Week of School
Louie also speaks English in my class. On one day of the week I made an obstacle course. You go around tires and climb something with little sticks and try to get across the school in 10 seconds. I saw a short-cut there. On another day it was raining and I saw two long-legged spiders at recess. One time at school I spoke a little French to Raphe. On Monday is gym. I liked it because we played a game like dodge ball, but I don’t remember the name. On Friday’s gym day we played a game where someone calls your name and you have to run up and catch a ball. I think French is a little fun.

©ColleenFisher

No comments:

Post a Comment