Sunday, October 24, 2010

Musee Du Jouet (Toy Museum)

Today's adventure led the Fisher Family to the Musee du Jouet (Toy Museum) in Brussells. We thought to ourselves, "What could be cooler than a museum that actually lets you play with the toys? We are so there!" So off we went.

We got there a little early and had time to talk a short walk to the Botanical Gardens. It was a crisp autumn day, but in the sunshine it was quite lovely. We strolled around for about a half hour. In that time we met a man named Ben from England, who has lived all over the world, and made the decision to move to Brussels on a whim. (The last part sounds a bit familiar, and all that information was given in less than 5 minutes. I think if the Minute Menu Plan doesn't work out, I think I might have a career in the private investigator field.) (Picture-Me trying to show the kids how much fun this museum can be. I realize I am riding a "rocking motorcycle"...The real "rocking horse" was missing the handles.)

Back to the museum. It is run by a very nice elderly man, who let me attempt to speak to him in French and spoke V E R Y S L O W L Y back to me. I loved it. What I did not really care for was the museum. I was a little disappointed with the lack of toys my children and myself, could play with. Most were in glass cases, and kinda reminded me of hmmm.......an attempt at a collection of antiques, but to the untrained eye (mine) the leftover garage sale toys that manage to make it to the shelves of D.I.

We were checking out a electric train and Shea turned around and said, "If you are going to ask me what I think about this place, it's kind of weird but mostly dumb. All these toys and you can't even play with most of them."

I concur. Oh well, can't win 'em all.


(My children in their constant state of excitement. I have stopped trying to have a "great" family picture that shows everyone with beautiful smiles. It's just not possible. Plus, these make me laugh WAY more.)

©ColleenFisher

1 comment:

  1. Its so funny. I love that description of toys in the museum. I totally get that. They dont don't get the crazy fun play things most places in Europe. Unless it is a night club. My friend in my ward is from Belgium. I should ask her where the fun family places are. Not like you are having any trouble finding them.

    ReplyDelete