Sunday, October 10, 2010

Not If, But When...It's When

In my post, Pete and Repeat went to the Hospital, I mentioned that because my children were so active it wasn't a matter of IF we went back, but WHEN. Well, the when happened less than a week after Shea got her cast removed......

Shea flashing the "Peace sign/2nd time sign".

I was in the lovely town of Tervuren, with my friend Wendy when I got a phone call from Brent telling me that Shea got hurt again at school and I needed to go get her. Seriously!!! "Now, don't freak out." Brent says, "She hurt her hand, and we need to take her to the hospital, but she's ok." Off to school I go, again.

This time I needed to take Logan and Hayden out of their classes too. We only have one car and I knew I wouldn't make it out of the hospital before the school day ended. The best part? I was able to tell the Director I needed to take Logan and Hayden out in French. (Well, enough that he could understand me at least.)

What happened you might ask? There is a gate connecting the "playing field" to the "school yard" area. There were two boys (5th year) on one side of the fence pushing one way and two girls (3rd or 4th year) pushing on the other side. A sort of a game let's say. You might be able to see where I am going with this. Shea came along and knew that she, with her superwoman strength, could help these girls beat those puny boys, plus she wanted to go to the school yard side. (Never mind that she could of just walked around the building the other way.)

She starts pushing one way on the girl side and manages to move the gate inches, in their favor. To keep her stronghold she puts her hand in between the gate and the building to keep hold of the girl's small, but well-earned gain. The boys get a sudden burst of energy and SMASH. Yep. I thought for sure her hand was broken. Off to the emergency room, again.

After our visit to the E.R., radiologist and back to the E.R. We are assured that her hand in NOT broken, but that all the tissue underneath her skin is bruised badly, probably worse than a break. No cast, but and interesting hand wrap with a metal support taped to her fingers.

Thankfully it is not the same doctor who said on our last visit when the cast was removed, "I hope to not see you again." We don't see him...until the next week. When we enter, he shakes his head and he automatically knows he needs speak English to us. I felt a little like Norm on the TV show Cheers. "The crazy Americans are back." Yep, they've got us pegged.


©ColleenFisher

No comments:

Post a Comment