Friday, July 9, 2010

A New Day

Brent got up early  this morning to get some food from the bakery down the street.  Bakery is still closed. Called a taxi to pick up Brent for work and to get our car.  Kids are still asleep.  No one grumpy yet. Phew. I join the kids back in slumberland and we are all still sleeping when Brent comes home after lunchtime.

We find a place called the Lunch Garden to eat.  "Mom, we want breakfast". Sorry kids it's even past lunchtime and there is no Denny's in sight.  Can't read much of the menu.  This language barrier might be tougher than I thought.  Settle on what looks like hamburger.  Pretty safe. "We will take 4 hamburgers, fries and a small cup of soup." That is exactly what we got.  Hamburger (no bun or fixings of any kind) next to a bed a fries.  Ketchup is extra.

On to our next adventure.  Grocery shopping.  Normally I am pretty good.  I have my scheduled menu and know what I need at the store.  That is great when everything is in English and you can make your way around a store.  My usual shopping trip of 30 minutes, took 2 hours and I am still not quite sure what we are having for dinner the next couple of nights.  I need the software for the Minute Menu Plan done Yesterday!

©ColleenFisher

1 comment: